Castagnole delle Lanze Town Hall
• State: Italy
• Region: Piedmont
• Province: Asti
• Coordinates: Lat. 44° 45′ 08′′ N | Long. 8° 09′ 05′′ E
• Altitude: 271 meters above sea level
• Surface area: 21,57 km²
• Neighboring municipalities: Castiglione Tinella (province of Cuneo), Coazzolo, Costigliole d'Asti, Govone (province of Cuneo), Magliano Alfieri (province of Cuneo), Neive (province of Cuneo)
• Postcode: 14054
• Dialing code: 0141
• ISTAT code: 005022
• Land registry code: C049
• Seismic classification: zone 4 (very low seismicity)
• Climatic classification: zone E, 2522 heating degree days
• Name of inhabitants: castagnolesi
• Patron saint: S. Pietro | 29 June - S. Bartolomeo | 24 August
• Distance from Asti: 23 km
Castagnole delle Lanze has a geographical and territorial location that places it on the margins of the Langhe and Monferrato, the inhabitants have therefore coined the motto “Castagnole Lanze: Tra Langa e Monferrato”. This definition is in any case improper, since the municipal area does not border on the Monferrato, but is part of the territory of the Astesana. All the communal life is affected by this proximity to the Asti and Alba areas: the municipality is in the province of Asti, but the parishes belong to the diocese of Alba.
Also, the activity of wine production, which is a driving force for the town's economic life, concerns the quality of grapes typical of the two areas: namely Barbera d'Asti, Dolcetto d'Alba and Moscato d'Asti.
Castagnole administration, to help local producers, in 2010 created the “Adotta un filare” initiative, which allows the adoption of ten meters of rows of Barbera d'Asti grapes, receiving in exchange 10 bottles of “Lanze” wine, produced directly by the municipality. This initiative is unique of its kind in Italy.
• Municipal building
Historic building that belonged to Birago Alfieri counts.